Hi Lynn and Dane,

Deleting recordings from Voxie is a matter of first marking selections
from the list of recordings and then using the  delete button.  For
example, say that you're on the "All Recordings" screen and want to
delete some of your recordings.  You first flick right to the "Edit"
button in the top right corner, or touch it directly, then double tap
to select it and enter edit mode.  Now flick right to the most
recently modified recording at the top of the list.  After the name
and date of the recording is announced flick right again.  You'll hear
something like "0 point 0 item selector m".  If you want to mark that
recording for deletion, double tap. Then you'll hear "0 point 0 item
selector ch" indicating its selection status has changed to being
selected for deletion.  Now if you move your finger down to the two
large buttons near the bottom of the screen, the left button will be
"Delete All" and the right button will have changed from "Delete
(dimmed)" to "Delete (1)".  If you only want to delete that recording,
you can simply double tap the "Delete (1)" button.  However, you can
also go down the list and mark selected recordings for deletion.  For
each entry you flick right to, you'll hear the recording name, date,
and size, then the next flick right will give the selection
announcement "0 point 0 item selector m", and finally the last flick
right will say "more info, button".  Just keep flicking down the list
and mark the recordings you want to delete by double tapping on the
selector button.  If you change your mind, flick left back to a button
and double tap again to unmark the selection.  When you're finished
reviewing the recordings you want to mark for deletion, touch the
delete button at the lower right of the screen and you'll hear "Delete
(3)"  -- or however many recordings you've marked for deletion.  Then
double tap that button to delete the selected recording(s).  You'll
get an alert message asking whether you are sure you want to delete
these recordings with a "Cancel" and "Delete" button to record your
answer.  Just double tap the "Delete" button on the alert message to
confirm that you really do want to delete.

And for those folks needing access to some earlier instructions on
using Voxie Pro Recorder, here are links to two earlier posts giving
tips for using this app.  (I'm cc'ing this to the Macvisionaries list,
as well, so that I can easily link back to this post in the secondary
Mail Archive for that list, since there's no similar facility for the
VIPhone list that I can use).

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg14822.html
(Tips for using the Voxie Pro app for recording on the iPhone/iPod
Touch)

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg14841.html
(Re: Tips for using the Voxie Pro app for recording on the iPhone/iPod
Touch)

HTH

Cheers,

Esther

Dane Trethowan wrote:

> I'll be honest, I haven't had to delete with it yet, will play a
> little later on, as far as the iphone is concerned there really is
> getting too much to play with <smile>, one of the latest Apps I've
> found allows you to browse the files on your computer.
>

> Lynn Schneider wrote:
>
>> How do you delete a file with Voxie?  Delete is always dimmed out.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

>> On Dec 26, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> Only been a member of this list for 12 hours so thought I'd
>>> mention a
>>> couple of Apps for Iphone and Ipod touch I've found incredibly
>>> useful
>>> though I'm probably repeating old information.
>>>
>>> Audible Timer is an excellent addition to the built-in countdown
>>> timer
>>> of the Iphone offering some more functionality, spoken prompts and
>>> audible clicks for each second passing for example.
>>>
>>> Voxie Recorder Pro, an excellent addition to the Voice Memo recorder
>>> again with more functionality, in express mode you "shake" the
>>> Iphone to
>>> start or stop recording, a beep is heard so you know when to start
>>> speaking, playing your instrument or whatever.  The quality of
>>> recordings is better than with the Memo recorder, can be set that
>>> way at
>>> least and - for a small fee -you can send your recordings to a
>>> transcription service.  At this time Voxie Recorder Pro does not
>>> record
>>> in stereo but myself and others have written to the developers and
>>> they're seing what can be done.  You can share your recordings
>>> over your
>>> comptuer network with other devices, email them and so on.
>>>
>>> For people living in Australia, if you subscribe to Foxtel Pay TV
>>> then
>>> the interactive TV guide may be worth a look, totally accessible.
>>> Also
>>> for people in Australia, be sure to download the Yellow Pages