I have successfully set MailPlane to be my default email app.
However, when I encounter any situations (typically in a browser)
where a "send email" link is used to open up the default email app,
Mailplane opens up to the last account that was active.  So a
"compose" window opens up and it's never clear (from that window) from
what account I am about to send an email message.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to designate one of my 5 gmail
accounts as the default "send from/compose" account.  Since most email
clients (Thunderbird, iCal, etc) allow you to do this, this would seem
to be a feature that many people would appreciate.

Based on my searches through these forums, I cant find any information
that is currently possible (if I am wrong, please enlighten me).