I have a raster layer in map file. When I load the map file using C# map script, at run time it shows layerObj.connectiontype as ‘MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_SHAPEFILE’ though it is raster image. Is there any syntax error with my map file definition. I need to know exactly whether it is a raster or vector layer in my application. Some logic in my application needs to handle them differently.

This is the entry in map file

  LAYER

    DATA "14m_jpg_24bit.jpg"

    NAME " 14m Jpg 24bit"

    STATUS ON

    TYPE RASTER

    UNITS METERS

  END

Murty,

I believe the connectiontype value is left to the default for raster
layers, which happens to be MS_SHAPEFILE.  The connectiontype does not
really apply for layers of type RASTER.

I think to distingish layer types properly you will need to examine both
the TYPE and CONNECTIONTYPE fields.

Best regards,