Israeli police arrested seven rabbis and Israeli activists Friday at the Gaza
border during an action that accused Israel of using starvation as a weapon of
war against Palestinians. The delegation of Rabbis for Ceasefire carried bags
of food to the Erez crossing between Israel and northern Gaza amid reports that
famine is imminent for more than 1 million Palestinians in Gaza. “It is
incredibly important that those of us who have privilege use that privilege to
call attention to this ongoing catastrophe,” says Ayelet Waldman, one of the
seven people arrested Friday. Waldman emphasizes that her “mildly
uncomfortable” arrest pales in comparison to the violence and repression
encountered daily by Palestinian detainees. “Right now what matters is stopping
the starvation and murder of millions of people in Gaza,” she says. The action
was planned to mark the tradition of Passover, which celebrates the Jewish
exodus from slavery in biblical Egypt. “What does it mean to sit around a table
and celebrate freedom when in our names a forced starvation and a mass murder
is taking place?” asks our other guest, Rabbi Alissa Wise, a founder and
organizer with Rabbis for Ceasefire and the former co-executive director of
Jewish Voice for Peace.

Rabbi Alissa Wise & Israeli-Born Novelist Ayelet Waldman Arrested Trying to
Bring Food to Gaza | Democracy Now!

|  |  |

|  |
Rabbi Alissa Wise & Israeli-Born Novelist Ayelet Waldman Arrested Trying...

Israeli police arrested seven rabbis and Israeli activists Friday at the Gaza
border during an action that accus...

Rabbis for Ceasefire – At this moment of great moral reckoning, we are speaking
out with one voice to fulfill the most sacred obligation in Jewish tradition –
pikuach nefesh, saving a life (rabbis4ceasefire.com)

View/Reply Online (#30137): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/30137
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io