Hi,

That depends very much on your own taste. I have done several projects in
Struts and Maverick and personally I like Maverick best. Some of my
collegues however favour Struts. The difference between Struts and Maverick
is that Struts - IMHO - tries to be a framework that does everything you can
imagine in a webapp for you, whereas Maverick is a lightweight framework
that provides the basic MVC functionality (but does this excellent). With
Struts (and webwork for that matter) you get a load of custom tags, a way of
handling input etc. Maverick just provides a solid core.

Now, here's why I favour Maverick:
1. I like the transform pipes. I *hate* working with Struts/Tiles. I would
not say it's bad stuff, but working with seperate parts (even files) of
configuration really gets me bored. Moreover the transform idea of Maverick
gives you a very powerfull and flexible tool to do the same stuff that Tiles
does.
2. I never liked the struts forms (more configuration). I like the open idea
of Maverick that gives you the freedom to do it how you think is appropriate
for the situation. You want do it the Struts way? That's okay. But you can
do it several ways as well.
3. And here's maybe the strongest Maverick pro: it's darn flexible. The
framework is solid and easy to understand. And extending the framework is
very easy as well. Samples how to do this are included.

This said, I have to admit that some collegues like Struts better as it
gives you clearer way to work (or - less freedom ;-)) and Struts is very
complete (or - heavyweight).

If you've got time, play a bit with both. If not, I would say Maverick is
better for people with extensive experience in developping webapps and want
to have a framework that does the MVC thing (and does it well) and want
complete flexibility to do things their own way. Struts is probably better
for teams with less experience that can benefit from a straightforward way
of working.

About webwork: I see it gets a lot of attention lately. I never tried it,
but reading it it gives me the idea of doing something between Struts and
Maverick. I like the Open Symphony initiative, but so far I haven't been too
impressed with the completeness of their stuff (several projects - like
OSUser - have a good start but never seem to be finished).