I have just tried it with TotalTest and it seems to work fine. In this model Item has a listPrice which is a float. I'm not sure why you are encountering this problem but is it possible that you customized some of the code in BoardAbstractAction or BoardFormAction? Maybe compare your custom code with the newly generated code because it seems to work fine for me.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately I won't have much more time today to help you out.

Good luck,

Frank

Vincent-Olivier Arsenault wrote:

Yes, it is blocking : every time you save an entity with a float attribute, it crashes. I won't have time to look at it until tomorrow (and would appreciate some help).

I don't think it is a primitive thing because it is struts-specific (relies on the java type of the attribute).

Anyways, let me know if you have time to look at it and find something.

Thanks

Vio

François Eric wrote:

Hi VO,

Is this bug blocking? Have you corrected it?

Also I'm not sure th conversions should be done in mdarad-framework. Since Dataisland manages its primitives, I think it should also manage the conversions in different types (xml, string, etc.), their validation and most of the specific business logic associated with it. Mdarad should not know the different primitives.
What do you think?

François

Vincent-Olivier Arsenault wrote:

Hi guys,

When browsing the GIR project forms newly generated with a recent CVS update including the new struts validation, I encountered the following (on clicking "edit" for an entity composition) :

org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException: Cannot assign value of type 'java.lang.Float' to property 'com_investissementresponsable_catalog_document_enterprise_Board_independencePercent' of type 'java.lang.String' org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.set(DynaActionForm.java:422) com.investissementresponsable.catalog.document.enterprise.struts.board.BoardAbstractAction.populateBoardForm(BoardAbstractAction.java:97) com.investissementresponsable.catalog.document.enterprise.struts.board.BoardFormAction.execute(BoardFormAction.java:36) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:419) org.mdarad.framework.util.struts.AbstractRequestProcessor.processActionPerform(AbstractRequestProcessor.java:61) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:224) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1063) org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:263) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:386) org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:318) org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194) org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

I may be wrong here (I didn't have time to look into the code), but isn't the MDARAD library supposed to handle String <--> Float conversion in forms?

Vincent