I've tried every flavor of confirmedit and none of them seem block the worse
offenders. I tried ReCaptcha but now the bots or the person determined to get
around that get through and post their spam anyway. If I could I'd have several
of these at once just for account creation.

I'm trying the question based one now and hopefully that won't be too hard for
the people I want to actually edit the wiki.

Speaking of questy captcha.. is it possible to have one question and several
answers?

$wgCaptchaQuestions[1] = array( 'question' => "Question?", 'answer' =>
"answer1", 'answer' => "answer2", 'answer' => "answer3" );