It looks like the ResourceLoader always acts as if CACHE_ANYTHING is set
for reading, which seems to be intentional, and for writing, which perhaps
is not.
From includes/resourceloader/ResourceLoader.php (similar code is also in
includes/resourceloader/ResourceLoaderLanguageDataModule.php):

// Try for cache hit
// Use CACHE_ANYTHING since filtering is very slow compared to DB queries
$key = wfMemcKey( 'resourceloader', 'filter', $filter,
self::$filterCacheVersion, md5( $data ) );
$cache = wfGetCache( CACHE_ANYTHING );
$cacheEntry = $cache->get( $key );
[...]
// Save filtered text to Memcached