On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Stefen Moss <stefenmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking over the error log after getting in contact with the person that is
> hosting it the following appears the most:
>
> [24-Jan-2015 03:05:03 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  mysql_connect() [<a
> href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User
> obsidian_www already has more than 'max_user_connections' active
> connections in /home/obsidian/public_html/classes/database.php on line 60

I would guess that that message is unrelated to this problem.

This issue seems to have started appearing in 1.22:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Project_talk:Support_desk/Fatal_error:_Possible_integer_overflow_in_memory_allocation
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2014-June/076865.html

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any solutions other than "upgrade PHP".

> Another issue I am having is that after creating a User Account, the
> account is suppose to be able to be made a User, however there is no way
> for me to check the box since it seems to have disappeared and the user is
> not auto-assigned to that group.

I'm a little confused here.  Do you mean "be able to be made an admin"?