I purged[0] the first page, and it shows 405 now.  The category page
still shows 397, because it only counts files categorized in it, while
PAGESINCATEGORY counts subcategories too.  You probably want to use
{{PAGESINCATEGORY:Order.gif stroke order images|files}} instead.

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Purge