Phabricator isn't broken, gmail will group based on the first email
(or when it splits the thread at 100? emails) so it re-uses the same
subject heading in the display.

The easiest fix is to disable "Vary Subjects" which can be found in
your Phab settings under Email format then it will email subjects like
"[Maniphest] T35379: Set $wgBlockDisablesLogin to true when someone
selects the "private wiki configuration""