Dear Nicola, thank you for your replay. You have correctly indicated the real starting point of our discussion on this topic.

- what the XSF program will be for next year;
I believe the organisation's mission statement outlines the XSF programme for the future.

https://xmpp.org/about/xsf/mission/

So, in my opinion, should be useful to debate whether lobbying the EU during the DMA discussion could have been a good point for the XFS to achieve its goals. The same goes for the implementation of DMA in the real world e.g. as part of the protocol (interoperability XEP). These are only two examples of what could have been done and what XSF could do in the future.

Maintaining and developing an open standard requires hard work from the people involved. Applying for funding to pursue this goal could be helpful and may also be of interest to an EU institution or public body in another EU member state.

Ciao

Mario

Il 12/05/24 17:27, Nicola Fabiano ha scr
itto:
Dear All,
the discussion should cover two main points:

1) the possibility of lobbying into the EU institutions and how to start doing
so;
 From my point of view, this is not the first point to be addressed.
It is certainly an important topic but secondary to the organization of XSF. It
can be discussed later, but only after it has been decided
- what the XSF program will be for next year;