Folks

I’ve been replacing fluorescent lights with led tubes … I buy 3000k temperature
which are yellow warm rather than the colder 4000 and 5000 kelvin

The tubes I get  take 110 volts at each end so you end up cutting out the
ballast  … I usually just leave them in place …. And then rewiring power
directly to the end sockets …. I’ve done a bunch

I think I pay maybe $5-6 a tube

Shopping carefully on amazon

I also bought some flush Mount 4 foot double tube fixtures that are nice and I
used six for an office and one in a kitchen ….. they have a temperature switch
so you can choose the color of the light … I’m not sure if you can change the
tubes but they only cost  about $120 for a pack of 8 fixtures on amazon

I have a bunch of old 8 foot fixtures in my Denmark sc warehouse that I’m going
to replace with 8 footers that cost maybe $8 or $10 …. I bought 4 to try

These led tubes were are at about the price of current fluorescent tubes

My two cents worth

Xx rick