I think it's not worth it to have ascii symbols in title attributes on
every character. This will unnecessarily blow up the page size quite
considerably. I think Benoit's suggestion of an all-ascii version of the
pages is better - I think this is already implemented in one of the
alternate verifiers, and it seems like a better overall approach if the
purpose is to get expressions which can be copy-pasted into e.g. an mmj2
worksheet or an .mm file compared to a bunch of tiny tooltips.