That error message means that the theorem df-bl.tick has a statement that
does not match the expression  |- ( A = B '. <-> ( A = B ^. 1 ) ) that you
have provided. It's difficult to say more without seeing the rest of the
code (and in particular, the definition of `df-bl.tick`).

Q1: No, this is a fatal error, the proof is not correct as written. One way
you can try to clear things up is to delete the statement (just the |- ( A
= B '. <-> ( A = B ^. 1 ) ) part) and let mmj2 fill it in for you. The only
steps you can't delete are the hypotheses IIRC.
Q2: I think there isn't any centralized listing other than the source code:
https://github.com/digama0/mmj2/blob/1cd95c1fe4435899c8575644fccb412dd77d79e4/src/main/java/mmj/pa/PaConstants.java#L2790-L2794
. In general you can search the repo for uses of the constant which might
have some additional clues about it, but most of them carry a decent amount
of explanation text which will be more helpful than looking at the code.
Q3: Yes, because set.mm only accepts completed proofs, and mmj2 will not
produce a completed proof (a block starting with $= at the bottom of the
file) until all unification errors are fixed and missing steps are filled
in.