> Emile Heyns explored this area and has several solutions. They include
> support for Ht://Dig and UDMSearch engines at least. Please surf
> archives of this mailing list at the

The ht://dig solution currently indexes the site as presented through
apache; it is not (yet) an internal search.

Udmsearch supports database searching (and has i18n features). The
integration of the client-side into midgard (to support internal
searching by PHP code) is one of my many 2.0 projects. Udmsearch
is usuable as-is, though, as it can index the Midgard database directly
and comes with several front-ends that can be executed from PHP
code.

Emile