I've also been thinking about this, and I also plan to do it in the Admin
interface,
using an external file-based RCS.  Basically, I plan that each time one clicks
the
Save button, the ci command will check the text area into a file, along with
a comment entered by the user.  Clicking modify will first check the lock,
then check out the file with co -l.  Other buttons would allow a list of changes

for the file to be displayed (rlog and rdiff).  This approach is very simple to
implement, and requires no database changes, and can be made optional if
RCS doesn't exist.

Alan Knowles wrote:

> what is the current thoughts on revision control - is it planned at the
> backend level?
>
> I was considering writing it into the admin - to keep a second content tree
> called TOPLEVELTOPIC_revisions and hiding it from the user - then writing to
> this until it is approved, then copying the article over to it's associated
> place in the live tree..
>
> any better ways of doing it????
>
> regards
>
> alan
> --
> Technical Director
> Linux Center (HK) Ltd.
> www.hklc.com
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
begin:vcard
n:Gillingwater;Paul
tel;cell:+43 699 1 922 3085
tel;home:+43 1 922 3084
tel;work:+43 1 2600 22950
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://actrix.co.at
adr:;;Schiffmuehlenstrasse 94/7/7;Vienna;;;Austria
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fn:Paul Gillingwater
end:vcard