Hi,

I tried to compile the mod_midgard-1.2.5 with command "./configure
--with-apache=/usr/local/apache --with-midgard=/usr/local/lib"
but I received the following error;

Checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/lib/install -c
checking for apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs
checking for mgd_connect in -lmidgard... no
*** You need the Midgard library for using mod_midgard.         ***
*** Use the --with-midgard option to tell                       ***
*** the configure script where to look for the library.         ***
*** Check also that both the Midgard library and mySQL          ***
*** client library are on your dynamic load path.               ***
configure: error: Midgard library libmidgard not found

I use the Linux "ld..." command to load the midgard and mysql header into the
library and they are fine.  And I compile again and I get the same error
message as above.

What could be the error? Can you help me?

The config.error file is as below;

***
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:591: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:650: checking for apxs
configure:685: checking for mgd_connect in -lmidgard
configure:704: cc -o conftest   -I/usr/local/lib/include  -L/usr/local/lib/lib
conftest.c -lmidgard   1>&5
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_store_result'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_row'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_init'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_close'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_free_result'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_query'
/usr/local/lib/libmidgard.so: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 693 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char mgd_connect();

int main() {
mgd_connect()
; return 0; }