Every time the Wine group issues a new Mono or Gecko update I know I'm in for hours, days, or weeks of trouble. Any one of the following items is guaranteed to happen.

- Code that won't compile due to our newer tool set
- Code that won't compile due to our older tool set
- Major Makefile tooling changes on even minor updates (they have nothing else to do, apparently)

New this week: A LLVM-based MinGW tool chain is shipped in the Wine Mono tarball and is required to build with their new CFLAGS. I didn't even know this chain existed. It looks maintained by one guy and I don't know why people spend their time reinventing the wheel like this.

I'm about to give up packaging Wine.

Thanks for the vent,
Michael