Jens Staal dixit:

> sure no probs. Just happy that Build.sh now works :)

Yeah…

> Any hints about the "kernel"/"posix layer" bug (in general terms) that would
> need to be fixed?

I’ve got no precise idea. In general, the problem seems to be
delivery of SIGCHLD while a blocked signal mask is temporarily
unblocked, from what I understand from the Haiku bugreport; my
understanding of Unix signal handling is not up to the task,
and of course the problem on Plan 9 (or Syllable Desktop) may
be different but have the same symptoms.

The mksh/WinAPI port only got this fixed by adding “proper
SIGCHLD handling/emulation”, too, so this is a fixpoint.

> I might send to the 9fans list when upstream mksh builds
> out-of-the-box on Plan9/APE and then also make a note about
> -DMKSH_NOPROSPECTOFWORK and what would have to be fixed. Who knows,

That would probably be a good idea – unless someone’s got
a better one?

> perhaps someone would be open to the idea of replacing the (ancient)
> pdksh port now acting as "sh" under APE ;)

I sure hope so!

bye,
//mirabilos
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends