On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:08:50PM +0800, Ana Zgombic wrote:
> Hi Misc,
>
> i'm trying to collect firsthand experience on implementing application
> level bandwidth throttling.
>
> background: i'm looking at playing with thttpd and i want to remove
> the bandwidth throttling code since it looks insignificant to me.
>
> insignificant because at this day and age, there's pf and most routers
> can do some sort of QoS or rate limiting or similar things.
>
> am i on the right track here? am i asking the right questions?
>
> thank you for your patience.

I don't think bandwidth throttling is all that useful (request
throttling is another matter), but what are you really trying to do? I'm
sure that tinyhttpd runs on stuff that doesn't run pf, so it makes sense
to keep that code around.

                Joachim

--
PotD: textproc/p5-XML-Twig - perl module for parsing huge XML documents
http://www.joachimschipper.nl/