On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 05:10:13 +1000
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I'd like to do is have my TERM environment variable set to wsvt25
> for all users forever,

See ttys(5) which describes the format of the /etc/ttys file:
     The third field is the type of terminal usually connected to that
TTY line, normally the one found in the termcap(5) database file.  The
envi- ronment variable TERM is initialized with the value by either
getty(8) or login(1).

> and XTERM set to xterm-xfree86 for all users
> forever.

>From xterm(1):
       termName (class TermName)
               Specifies the terminal type name to be set in the TERM
environ- ment variable.

Set this resource to whatever you would like in the general Xresource
file.

--
Olivier Mehani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP fingerprint: 3720 A1F7 1367 9FA3 C654 6DFB 6845 4071 E346 2FD1