Hey Philip,

On February 20, 2014 7:49:17 PM AEDT, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> (Almost) everything works fine, and I do indeed manage to
>successfully
>> access all sites over HTTPS as expected. However, the HTTPS
>environment
>> variable, which should be set to 'on' for HTTPS sessions, is missing
>for
>> all but the first VHost.
>I don't have any good suggestions on how to fix or workaround this
>apparent bug in httpd (other than "look at the code paths leading to
>where HTTPS is added to the environment, sent breakpoints, compare
>good/bad runs, use logic, etc").

I had a quick go at that, but I found the mod_ssl code to be rather cryptic.

> My more useful suggestion is to test
>out switching from httpd to nginx.  nginx was added to base with the
>goal of deleting httpd from the tree, so moving now, particularly when
>you're affected by a bug in httpd, should be a Good Idea.

Ah, right. I did try nginx out before switching back to httpd because I had
troubles getting a similar setup going (mainly, getting php-fpm to behave
across multiple vhosts and UrerDirs without having to duplicate too much
configuration snippets). I'm not that familiar with it, but it does sound like
one more reason to try it again.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm still open to ideas regarding fixing httpd. I'll settle for whichever works
satisfactorily first (:

--
Olivier Mehani <sht...@ssji.net>
Sent from my mobile, please excuse my brevity.