On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:33:30 +0100
Hans van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Yes, I am.
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~] grep httpd /etc/rc.conf.local
> >>httpd_flags="-DSSL"
> >Hum. I'm puzzled. Did you move some files and change permissions in
> >the chroot then ?
> No.
> Please tell me what puzzles you...

Well,

As far as I understand, when chrooted, apache...
1. starts as root
2. open the log files (in this case the pipe)
3. chroots
4. drops privileges to user www

Hum... Now that I've written this down, I see no reason why it shouldn't
work. This scheme will obviously not survive a apachectl restart
because of apache now being chrooted and not having any access
to /usr/local/sbin/cronolog to reopen the pipe, but this is not a big
problem.

The problem is that I remember having dug up this problem a little, and
all the solutions using cronolog were said to have problems when
booting. I think I will actually give this solution a real try right now
(;.

(Hans: sorry for the unfinished mail I just sent you)

--
Olivier Mehani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP fingerprint: 3720 A1F7 1367 9FA3 C654 6DFB 6845 4071 E346 2FD1