On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 08:42:32PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2016-05-09, arrowscr...@mail.com <arrowscr...@mail.com> wrote:
> > - Do you plan to support ftp.openbsd.org? Would be great to
> > download packages with more security
>
> https is meant to provide privacy from eavesdroppers on the network
> path between the endpoints. security is a different matter (packages
> have been signed for several releases now which gives far greater
> benefit than https).
>
> (also with often 500-1000 short connections for a package update,
> https is going to suck with the current implementation, there is
> no pipelining or session caching).

Admittedly, I have an http 1.1 implementation somewhere in pkg_add.
But the http servers have been lacking.  Losing the connection for no
reason and not knowing about it for a while is much worse than the current
flurry of small connections.

I don't fancy reimplementing some RTT estimate in the http client code to
know when the connection goes dead... :-/