Running 3.8.

Chris

Daniel Ouellet wrote:
Chris Cameron wrote:
When one interface fails in a carp setup, it is my understanding that if net.inet.carp.preempt is set to '1', that both interfaces on the single machine should fail. However I'm not seeing this happening and I'm hoping this is why I'm dropping connections during fail over. If I fail both interfaces at the exact same time I have no problems with dropped connections.

Nope, just the carp interface that actually fail, not both. They are process independently of one an other

Also, what version of OS are you running?

My setup is as follows, I'll mention that pfsync traffic is going over the local network. Also, I've tried with setting advskew to 100 one one firewall, as well as not setting it at all with net.inet.carp.preempt set.