Hi,

I did a checkout of 3.8 today (I installed from CD, so figured a source
update would be good), did config GENERIC, make clean && make depend &&
make, installed it, and now I have an odd beginning to the dmesg.boot:

$ head /var/run/dmesg.boot
" 686-class) 3.40 GHz
cpu0:
FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,CNXT-ID
real mem  = 1333256192 (1302008K)
avail mem = 1208508416 (1180184K)

Any idea why (the deraadt kernel on the 3.8 install media showed the usual
information)?

Not terribly important I guess, just found it odd.

Kind regards,

Tor

(Incidently the first time I've had a chance to install 3.8.)