Hi folks,

If I have opened a file in a subdirectory with a very long path
(larger than the terminal width) and if try to open a new file
using ^x^f, then mg seems to be confused.

The long path is cut off in the Find File dialog. Only the
first chars are shown. The filename I enter is not shown while
typing. I have to use ^a^e in the dialog buffer to refresh it.

Do you think the input string in the Find File dialog could
be scrolled horizontally instead?

Terminal is an xterm 80x24. No UTF-8 or other peculiarities are
involved. Sample session:

mkdir -p
/tmp/aaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaax
ls -1a
>/tmp/aaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaax/x1.txt
find . -print
>/tmp/aaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaax/x2.txt
mg
/tmp/aaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaaxaaaaaaaaax/x1.txt
# try to open x2.txt using ^x^f

Regards

Harri