Hi folks,

sorry, I had hoped somebody knew the answer and that the man page
could be fixed.

I have just limited test equipment for verification, so I have setup
a vlan interface for pfsync and tried some combinations. Result:
Apparently there is no difference between

        up
        syncdev vlan111
and
        syncdev vlan111
        up
and
        syncdev vlan111 up

in this setup, but

        up syncdev vlan111

seems weird, according to the output of ifconfig. Detailed results are
attached.

Hope this helps. Regards

Harri
/etc/hostname.vlan111:
vnetid 111
parent re0

/etc/hostname.pfsync0:
syncdev vlan111 up

vlan111: flags=8002<BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr 00:01:2e:55:c7:10
        index 6 priority 0 llprio 3
        encap: vnetid 111 parent re0 txprio packet rxprio outer
        groups: vlan
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex,rxpause,txpause)
        status: active

pfsync0: flags=41<UP,RUNNING> mtu 1500
        index 5 priority 0 llprio 3
        encap: parent vlan111
        pfsync: syncdev: vlan111 maxupd: 128 defer: off
        groups: carp pfsync

pfsync0: flags=0<> mtu 1500
        index 5 priority 0 llprio 3
        encap: parent none