On Sun, Nov 26, 2023 at 5:22 PM Janne Johansson <icepic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den sön 26 nov. 2023 kl 09:03 skrev Tito Mari Francis Escaño
> <titomarifran...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi misc,
> > I want to run OpenBSD on company issued M1 Mac through VMware Fusion 13,
> > for experiments and development.
> > I tried to use the ARM64 image but it does not seem to work, it's my
> first
> > time to use non-X86 machine.
>
> This part needs far more attention from your side, you can't just
> leave it at "doesn't work". Computers, emulators, operating systems
> can Not-Work in literally millions of ways.
>
> What hardware did VMWare emulate, what were the errors, at which point
> did it stop?

I was hoping that it would run X86 or AMD64 binary but it didn't.
On the ARM64 side, I was expecting an ISO that I can run thru VMware Fusion
since it only accepts and runs ARM64 binaries.
Admittedly, this is a new territory for me as I saiid and was asking if
anybody went thru this route before.

> > Has anyone here been able to run OpenBSD on M1 Mac through VMware Fusion
> > before?
> > Much as I want to run it on the hardware, since this a company-issued
> > laptop, I opted to use VMware instead.
> > Hope somebody can point me in the right direction on this one.
>
> Both UTM and qemu can run openbsd-aarch64 guests, even if you can't
> get VMWare to work.

Will explore QEMU, thanks for the alternative.