Hi,

In this mail:  https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=170759396512738&w=2

I asked people what sip proxy they use.  And got feedback, thank you!
However after a short code-reading of the software mentioned I became
distraught and want to do my own.  I have worked on this saturday and
sunday and it's taking shape, based on another transparent proxy of mine
called sipdiv.c:  The code is here:

https://github.com/pbug44/misc/tree/main/proximasip

Right now the skeleton is finished, it pledges, chroot, privseps and unveils
and sets up sockets, as well as creating a rudamentary state.  This week
I'm going to develop on this a little more along side of the risc-v project
that I'm also working on.  My systems caused me a bit of sysadmin last week,
so I couldn't get started on either too much.

So for proximasip.c here are my immediate goals:

1. allow incoming sip calls, proxied to the fritz!box that I use for my phones
2. UDP only at first TLS (sips) later
3. this proxy will be stateful, so the state machine will have to be programmed

To reach these goals I'm hoping to get this working (possibly without tls) by
end of month, at which an old project is calling me back to do work.  So in
May I'm reprioritizing.

I invite you to help.  If you're interested in SIP on a VPS tunneled to home,
then this may be for you.  As I'm developing this with github, you're invited
to fork and cause pull requests.  Though commits may happen quicker initially
than later when there is a debug to make it all work.  I haven't given RTP
much thought yet, I may use a pf rule to make it work.

Here is my setup:

[superpod.delphinusdns.org]     <---- this is where the proximasip proxy is on

            |   <---- this is a wireguard tunnel inside IPSEC to tunnel things
                        home

        [stern (router)] <-- this is riscv64 gateway at my ISP it is vlan'ing
            |                   everything and has the transparent sipdiv.c
            |                   proxy to shorten SIP UDP packets for talking
            |                   with my parents fritz!box on another network

        [AVM fritzbox]  <-- This is an old AVM 7390 that is my Wifi and SIP
            |                   gateway.  The DSL modem in it is not connected.
            |                   It will eventually register to proximasip proxy

        [2 telephones]  <-- older SIP telephones (Aastra and Grandstream)

Since the fritzbox has a default profile registered to my parents fritzbox via
superpod, I'm going to make a new profile on it for registering to proximasip.
It will only accept inbound calls eventually and outbound calls will go through
parents and eventually the PSTN.

I could have installed a kamailio in proximasip's place but I lack the config
skills and I don't want it to waste my time.  Better write something anew and
know it's safetied.

Once it's ready to receive I'm going to install a sip.callpeter.tel record with
SRV to a non-standard port (in order to evade automated voicemail sip bots).
Right now I've picked 12345/udp but I seem to recall that's some P2P botnet,
I may change it in time.

Best Regards,
-pjp

--
my associated domains:  callpeter.tel|centroid.eu|dtschland.eu|mainrechner.de