On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:51:45PM +0000, Ryan McBride wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 02:37:05PM +0200, Andreas Bihlmaier wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 08:25:52AM +0900, vladas wrote:
> > > On 10/24/06, Andreas Bihlmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Is this LiveCD/DVD reliable enough to send in dmesg's from it?
> >
> > Exuse me, but I don't see a point in posting a dmesg for a livecd, which
> > by definition is portable. The dmesg depends on the machine I insert it
> > into.
>
> I /believe/ the poster is asking whether it can be used to plug into
> $RANDOM_MACHINE and mail a dmesg from that machine.  Nice for scoping
> out potential OpenBSD systems in a shop provided you can get the sales
> droids to look away long enough for the reboot.

Of course!
Actually that was my very first motivation to even build an OpenBSD livecd.
Wherever I encounter an 'interesting' machine (i386/amd64) I put the
livecd in to see how good this machine would be supported.
One thing I noted since my first livecd with 3.7:
much more machines just work PERFECT (at least by dmesg output), even
the weird P4s we have at school.

The problem is that the boot sequence seems to scare some windows users:
"What are all those messages, you didn't you wrack my PC, did you?" ;)

Regards,
ahb