On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:29:32PM -0600, Travers Buda wrote:
> Jeez, I sense some hostility on [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Andreas, It's a nice
> effort,
> but unfortunately, it won't support the goals of f2k7.  The most
> important lacking thing for the hackathon is fast, memory-packed
> machines, and lots of disks.  AKA, modern expensive, top of the
> line stuff.  It seems to me that developers just don't have that
> stuff lying around (hence their asking for it.) If these machines
> were avaliable, distcc would see a lot of diminishing returns.
> However, without the hardware for f2k7, nothing is getting off the
> ground.
>
> It seems to me like you want to help.  Distcc sadly is a band-aid
> for this gaping wound.  So, perhaps if you have a few large disks
> lying around you could donate/loan them?
>
> --
> Travers Buda

Unfortunately I have nothing financial to help out, but I see this was
the wrong time and wrong place. SORRY

I don't know if a lot of big corps (meaning the "decision making part")
is reading misc@, but if they do:

IF YOU (big corp, small corp, rich guy) ARE USING OPENBSD AND YOU ARE
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ITS GREAT POSSIBILITIES, LOAN/DONATE BIG HARDWARE TO
GIVE THE DEVS AT LEAST A LITTLE HAND FOR WHAT THEY GIVE TO YOU!

Btw. they SHOULD know already, this was said many times over and over.

Regards,
ahb