Hi,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Brian Shackelford wrote:

I have been working on and actually making progress for writing a client
for windows that will authenticate a user to authpf upon login thereby
granting access to the network based on rules setup for each user/group.
In addition we would love to be able to somehow transparently
authenticate that user to the squid firewall tied back to the Active
Directory on our network using LDAP.  Just wondering if anyone has
approached/done something like this already in the hopes of saving some
time developing it.

there was a discussion on openbsd-misc some days ago, see "http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/138273";, for LDAP and squid.

Regarding authpf: I would not do this because you have the choice between organizing and handling many users and passwords on your openbsd firewall or only a few or one users and passwords and then you have probably no security. If possible I would not allow direct access to the internet but only via squid.

regards

Stefan Kell