Joe,

You can bind your reverse ftp-proxy to the carp addresses.

BTW, a problem you might eventually see is when the firewalls fail over.
Current connections to the ftp server will die when the backup firewall
takes over because it does not have ftp-proxy anchors from the first
firewall. The anchors are not pfsync states and thus are not transfered to
the backup firewall through pfsync.

But, if the users issue a reconnect to your ftp server after the firewall
fail over they will connect without issue.

--
 Calomel @ http://calomel.org
 Open Source Research and Reference