Hi,

I need to transfer files via sftp (ssh ftp) from a Windows machine.
This files may contain Umlauts (vd|) and Spaces.

I made several tests and stuck with the following:

sftp [EMAIL PROTECTED]:'/file-withv|d.txt'

works, but

sftp [EMAIL PROTECTED]:'/file with spaces.txt'

doesn't work.

If I use the interactive sftp shell its different:

sftp [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Connecting to windowsmachine.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
sftp> get '/file with spaces.txt'

works, but I am unable to enter Umlauts in the interactive mode and when I
copy paste them they disappear.

I need to create a script and because of the spaces-problem I used expect.pm
to trigger the interactive mode. Is there a way to make it work with latin1
characters (using FreeBSD, but I guess that shouldn't matter). I can enter
Umlauts perfectly in the shell (bash here) and I've set
LANG=de_DE.ISO8859-15
export LANG

Am I missing something? Is there a chance to get this working?

Best Regards,
Benny