Chris wrote:
I can see from the recent undeadly posts and pictures that most
developers are using laptops and I know you have to run -current to do
development work. I was just wondering if these laptops are for
development use only or development+personal use? I know -current can
break sometimes and am just curious to know if developers risk putting
personal stuff on a laptop that is being used for active development.

a more general rule for information on computers:

if it is important, it should be backed up

a good test to see if changes in -current 'break' your system is to boot the new kernel with the old userland to check if it works. this assumes you're going from one snapshot to another, and is by no means a foolproof technique.

cheers,
jake