Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Lars Noodin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

It seems that OpenBSD's Stop the Blob message is getting more recognition:

       http://www.fsdaily.com/stop-blob

As the article points out, better late than never.

Though OpenBSD had been on my list of things to look at for years, it
was the Stop-the-Blob campaign that provided for me the final nudge.

sorry - the final nudge to do what exactly? Stop the blob? Everybody should
listened a long time ago. I suppose it's good that the message has finally
come out now from the linux developers, but man... havent they let those
blobby fools (and we all know the most famous example) entrench themselves
already?

it will always be unpopular to have the right opinion at first, especially when it invalidates the work of others.

the cattle only go 'm00000000!!!!!!!!!!' after they've been branded. serves them right. if you build it wrong they will come... hold on, that doesn't sound right...

cheers,
jake

-jf

this has been my signature for like the longest time now... -->

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not