Hannah Schroeter wrote:
Hi!

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 04:22:37PM +0200, Tony Berth wrote:
I have in 4.3 with a default US keyboard.

When I set wsconsctl keyboard.encoding=de in order to get a German one,
nothing happens! I get following reply:

keyboard.encoding -> de

but my keyboard is still on the US charset!

What do I miss?

Is your keyboard an USB one? I observe the same with an USB keyboard.

- keyboard.encoding=us.swapctrlcaps has no effect (in
  /etc/wsconsctl.conf)
- The keyboard doesn't work at all in the kernel (e.g. boot -a -> no
  way to continue) It works before, i.e. up to and including the boot>
  prompt, and then again when init starts.

This is a box that has *no* PS/2 connectors any more.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

wsconsctl (8) man sez
/etc/wsconsctl.conf                 a list of parameters that get set at
                                        system startup time from rc(8)

startup time: reboot?