Hi,

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Jordi Beltran Creix
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using a virtual machine to try and follow -CURRENT.I have
> installed a snapshot, downloaded the cvs source, built it and run to
> see if it worked, up to there everything is okay.
> Reading the FAQ I found out that the "official" way to follow current
> more or less closely is to build a ramdisk image(or download a bsd.rd
> image from the servers) and boot from that. However, when I place my
> newly generated image in / and boot from it, it tells me that it lacks
> a root filesystem. Obviously it is lacking a ramdisk, but I don't know
> where to get that from and I have been unable to find the appropriate
> manpage or piece of documentation. Could you please point it out to
> me?
> Thank you

If you just want to follow -current, you just install either a release
or a snapshots and then build the -current source. Thats it, you are
-current, you only need bsd.rd if thats your initial install method,
and you certainly dont need to make your own.

Also note that you can just use binary snapshots and not ever build
any source, *but* strictly speaking that is not -current, as extra
experimental patches go into snaps.

Hope this helps.

--

Best Regards