Hi list,

Wondering if anyone knows how (or if it is possible) to be able to
gracefully power down an OpenBSD box by hitting the power button on
the server.

Useful when you need someone to power down a system (like in a power
failure situation) but there is no console attached.

FreeBSD and linux provide what I am talking about, hit the power
button and it looks like the equiv of a halt -p - But I don't want to
use linux or FreeBSD on these firewall boxes.

Not something I would use very often, but two nights ago really needed
it.  The OpenBSD box ended up having a hard power switch off instead
of a clean shutdown.

The server in question is a HP DL 360.

Thanks,

Mikel