kabel wrote:
Hello,

being a new openBSD User, I encounter several problems, which I normally
manage to solve by doing research and/or reading man files.
Except for one thing. WPA Enterprise.
As far as I know OpenBSD doesn't have 802.1X (The "Enterprise" part of WPA Enterprise) support.
I have a quote from *Jonathan Gray:*
So there are a few problems, one is that no one is terribly interested in developing the required code for it, and the other is that all the freely available 802.1X supplicants seem to be vastly overengineered. The focus is more towards having as much hardware as possible just working out of box than dealing with the pain of yet another IEEE state machine.
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2007/05/03/openbsd-41-puffy-strikes-again.html?page=2

At my university we have an WPA
Enterprise Wlan, where students use to connect to the virtual world.
I'm at the university of Amsterdam and they have 802.1X too. I wish I could do more than buy a cd set every release.
Well, after installing openBSD 4.4 snapshot, I didn't encounter problems
to connect to WPA(2) Networks, works really great, except for this
university network, which is very important for me, because I spend most
of my time there.

I found out in the man page that WPA Enterprise is supported. Owing a
wlan card using the wpi driver this should work.

I also manage to connect to the AP. I see following output when I enter
"ifconfig wpi0":

wpi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr 00:14:02:08:e4:3f
        groups: wlan
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM36 mode 11a)
        status: active
        ieee80211: nwid wlan23 chan 11 bssid 00:20:2b:68:e6:b0 37dB
wpaprotos wpa1 wpaakms 802.1x wpaciphers tkip wpagroupcipher tkip 100dBm
        inet6 fe80::213:2ff:fe08:e43f%wpi0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2

My problem is that I don't know how to authenticate myself. How can I
provide my login an password?

I would be very pleased if someone has the time to help me,

Thanks & Greetings,

Kabel

--
Floor Terra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>