> COMIXWALL isn't a fork, its just a preinstalled configuration panel
> for OpenBSD and a collection of nice utilities.
>
> And considering (and no offence here) the COMIXWALL developers are
> enthusiasts not paid professional developers.
> So where's the harm asking some advice?
>    After all lets face is some of the brightest minds in computer
> security lurk on this list and code for OpenBSD/OpenSSL.

So it belongs as a a port then. Not as a "distibution" - and not
sending release announcements to OpenBSD lists.

Do we see release announcements here for other new ports? Do we see
release announcements on our lists for Firefox?

The point is not whether comixwall is a good thing. While I'll debate
the wisdom of advertising yourself as a seperate distribtion when
really you are a set of configuration tools, the point is simple:

* Release Announcements For things that are not OpenBSD do not belong
on OpenBSD lists * - We don't tell people who have other ported
applications that run on openbsd to spew every release announcement
over our lists - why should ComixWall be any different?

This should not be difficult to understand.