On 23 February 2010 12:59, Ted Walther <t...@reactor-core.org> wrote:
> I have a simple setup; a soekris box running 4.6 doing NAT for my local
> network.
>
> I'd like a configuration to give skype traffic top priority, then my DNS
> server, then ssh sessions, then http and SSL, then everything else, and
> bittorrent.  I have so little upload bandwidth I don't want to waste
> any; only 80k up on a good day, and the web server is hosting stuff
> almost constantly.
>
> If this is up your alley, and you know this stuff inside out, please
> contact me and I'll fill in a couple more details of my internal network
> and provide the current NAT configuration in use (which has some stuff
> in it to work with the special DNS setup)

You'll have to ask yourself, do you want a secure network, or do you
want to use Skype?

Also, Skype can be awkward to prioritize against HTTP and HTTPS, since
it very often uses ports 80 and 443.

http://www.m86security.com/kb/article.aspx?id=12084

I suppose you could configure a local proxy to only be used by Skype
and then prioritize port 443 from that proxy to the Internet.

But, really, yuck.