Hi,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 04:07:06PM +0800, Bruce Khereid wrote:
> After startx, the GoToPage actions were bound to Ctrl-F and Ctrl-D in
> QWERTY layout (which are Ctrl-E and Ctrl-U in Dvorak, or the 3rd and
> 4th keys in the middle line), so I began to think all those bindings
> are parsed as in QWERTY layout. But after I restarted the fvwm (by
> typing restart in FvwmTalk), things changed, it began to interpret the
> configurations in Dvorak layout, that is, Ctrl-F and Ctrl-D in Dvorak
> layout, which are Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-H in QWERTY, started to turn the
> page.

How (When) is your keyboard mapped to Dvorak? Is it in the global X
configuration, or only for the session (e.g. with a setxkbmap somewhere
in a xstartup script)?

I suspect it's set up by the session, which means that FVWM starts while
your keyboard still has a QWERTY mapping, and based its shortucts on
that. Restarting FVWM would then let it rebind the shortcuts to the new
keys with the given symbols.

I may also be completely wrong.

--
Olivier Mehani <sht...@ssji.net>
PGP fingerprint: 4435 CF6A 7C8D DD9B E2DE  F5F9 F012 A6E2 98C6 6655