On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 07:46:56AM -0700, Pauline Merton wrote:
> I will be moving users from an openbsd 3.7 to openbsd 4.7 server.
>
> Do I just copy over /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow?

No, that function is handled by /etc/master.passwd on OpenBSD. Copy that
file (and /etc/groups, if appropriate) and run vipw (or cap_mkdb). vipw
will regenerate the appropriate files for you - just make an innocuous
change like adding or subtracting a * in a password field.)

                Joachim

--
PotD: net/libnet/1.1 - raw IP packet construction library
http://www.joachimschipper.nl/