On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org>
wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 03:39:23PM +0100, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
>> I have found my external microphone (mic2) not working under OpenBSD
-current of Nov 20. Whatever I do, I get >"mixerctl outputs.mic2_sense"
answering "outputs.mic2_sense=unplugged" regardless of whether it is plugged
or not.
> At the same time "outputs.hp_sense" is reported correctly. Is there anything
I can do to enable mic2?

> the last commits to azalia were in early eptember ... did it used to
> change? B does the mic not work at all or is just plug sense not working?

The mic works OK, I only noticed the problem when I was trying to find
out why GStreamer doesn't pick it up as input.
I never noticed that before, so I can't say what it used to report
throughout it's life.

> it's possible the plug sense circuitry isn't really there, or has gone
> bad ...

I'll try to investigate this issue by trying some Linux livecds...

Anyway, is there anything I can do to alter the "outputs.mic2_sense"?

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff