On Apr 1, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Gary Benson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This webrev adds support for JSR 292 to Zero:
>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gbenson/zero-jsr292-01/

hotspot/src/cpu/zero/vm/cppInterpreter_zero.cpp:

+    // NB the x86 code for this (in methodHandles_x86.cpp, search for
+    // "genericInvoker") is really really odd.  I'm hoping it's trying
+    // to accomodate odd VM/class library combinations I can ignore.

Do you mean the code around sorry_no_invoke_generic?

hotspot/src/share/vm/interpreter/bytecodeInterpreter.cpp:

+          assert(false, "Should have thrown incompatible class change
exception");

I'd use ShouldNotReachHere instead.

I have to say that I don't know very much about the C++ interpreter or Zero but
the code looks good.  Most important is that the MethodHandlesTest passes.

-- Christian