> praveen wrote:
>
> Sir,
>
>     We have recently installed our server having the configuration as- Linux ,
>modperl,apache, samba.
> The problem we are facing is after few minutes of working server hangs giving the
>error message as "out of memory" for all the above configuration.
> Please help me as soon as possible
>
> Thanks
> Praveen
> E-mail address - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You are probably running too many mod_perl processes.

Set the MaxClients lower.  Also, set your MaxRequestsPerChild
lower (100-1000), so the httpds don't bloat too much over
time.  If you need more web processes feeding clients
consider putting a thin reverse proxy in front, like
apache w/proxy or squid.

Get a program like top, and make sure you keep some
RAM free and that you are swapping minimally.

There's a chance that if you are running your web server
with DSO, not statically compiled, that you are getting
this error because of the DSO quirkiness.  This isn't an
RPM is it ?

-- Joshua
NODEWORKS >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA