> Greetings all, I have a basic Apache/Embedded Perl config. question.
> Currently, on my developement server (Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) Debian/GNU
> mod_perl/1.19 ) there is only a single directory root that will
> recognize ".html" as an embedded Perl file.  I wish to get rid of the
> "*Logfile*  *Source only*  *Eval*" debugging links which appear atop
> each embedded Perl page processed. Can I simply create an additional
> "<Directory> section  where "SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477"  does not
> precede it or is somehow not stipulated, without interfering with the
> existing setup?

To have different settings for EMBPERL_DEBUG you must use PerlSetEnv instead
of SetEnv, (and remove the SetEnv!) so you can do

<Location /a>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
</Location>

<Location /b>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
</Location>

now you can say

Alias /b /docroot/a

If you request the document under /a you get the debuging links and logfile
output, when you request the file under /b you don't get them

Hope this helps

Gerald

>  Here is a portion of  the "access.conf" file in
> /etc/apache directory:
>
> <Location /log>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> Options ExecCGI
> order allow,deny
> allow from all
> </Location>
> SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /log
> PerlModule Apache::Registry
>
> <Directory /zzz/www/www/aDir/>
> Options Indexes ExecCGI
> order allow,deny
> allow from all
> <Files *.*html>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> Options ExecCGI
> </Files>
> <Files *.pl>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
> Options ExecCGI
> </Files>
> </Directory>
>
> Thanks very much.

Gerald Richter      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
Internet - Infodatenbanken - Apache - Perl - mod_perl - Embperl

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Tel:        +49-6133/925151
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de      Fax:        +49-6133/925152